Friday, December 14, 2012

A day dedicated to children



My heart breaks for the families affected by today's shooting. My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to all the families in Connecticut. In a day filled with tragedy and loss it is especially poignant to relay this message about compassion and giving.

Children are the beacon of light in an otherwise uncertain world. I do not have children of my own yet. When I do, I will guide them, protect them and show them the path to making their dreams happen. I cannot imagine any harm or ill being bestowed upon a child. I feel for all parents facing a threat to their little ones's health and well-being.

It is in this spirit that I've chosen to highlight a great organization such as Ronald McDonald House Charities of Hawaii. The Hawaii chapter recently celebrated their 25th anniversary helping families stay together during times of grave illness.

Life threatening ailments can frighten anyone but events like cancer, leukemia and others can be especially scary for children. Ronald McDonald House of Hawaii makes it possible for families to go through treatment without worrying about a place to stay. In addition, families can comfort each other and partake in regular activities with other children going through similar situations. This home makes for a positive and supportive environment where kids can be kids.

I will dedicate tonight's art opening to children everywhere. If you would like to contribute or learn more about Ronald McDonald House of Hawaii, please check out the video I posted. Mahalo Nui Loa and God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment