Thursday, July 19, 2012

Introducing "Sirena" limited edition letterpress


I've been in love with letterpress all my life and for years have been toying with the idea of creating a set of limited edition prints. Because this will be my first year at the Haleiwa Arts Festival, I wanted to create something special. I'm so happy to introduce "Sirena", limited edition of 100, signed by yours truly.

I teamed up with South Shore Paperie after searching dozens of printers nationwide. This lovely boutique, located in Kapahulu, carries unique stationary and paper products only found at this store.
The owners were so attentive and easy to work with. The print shop owner is a graphic designer herself so I knew my art would be in good hands.

The prints turned out fabulous. If you'd like to get yours, come to Haleiwa Arts Festival. They'll be gone fast!

A big mahalo again to South Shore Paperie for their amazing work.
Below is a bit of the process from sketch to press. Enjoy!






Photos courtesy South Shore Paperie. 

plates!



The finished product. So great to see an piece from start to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment